Monday, July 6, 2009

Light-hearted News

With hopes of countering the heaviness of the previous blog, I thought I’d share a funny and positive thing that happened today. Flor learned my name. Now, please understand, she is in no way verbally capable of saying “Lindsay” but she has managed to pull out the two main syllables, the “L” sound and “Z” sound. However, those letters aren’t in her vocabulary, and she’s created a “new” name that follows the kids pattern of two-syllable repetition of sounds. Thus, my name is “Titi.” If you tell her to say “Lindsay” the “L” becomes slightly more audible, but the name she shrieks across the room is “Titi" (pronounced Tea-Tea).

While it makes me smile, it also means she can verbally call for me with an order, be it to sit with her, eat with her, bring her water, play with her doll, the works. Children tend to be pretty bossy, and so, along with Laura and Miguel, having been christened by Queen Flor with a name, I am now officially one of her many slaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment